The title shall be the NATIONAL PASSENGER TRANSPORT SPORTS ASSOCIATION DART COMPETITION, and shall consist of teams representing any passenger transport organisation in the U.K which are bona fide employees of the organisation they represent or:
1. Employees of the residual P.T Executives which do not take out separate membership of the association shall be eligible to play for an organisation formed from the original PTE or
2. Retired employees who are in receipt of Pensions Superannuation benefits from the parent organisation but are not employed by another National Passenger Transport Organisation or
3. Part time employees whose only employment is with the Organisation or residual Transport Executive in membership as defined in Rule 3a (NPTSA RULES) or
4. Seasonal Employees who are employed on a limited contractual basis are eligible during their period of contract only or.
5. Employees or Organisation social/recreational clubs are eligible to play for a specified Organisation formed from the original undertaking/Passenger Transport Executive in all categories, employee should be members of the appropriate Organisation/Sports Welfare club where one exists and no person may play for more than one Organisation.
The Annual subscription shall be £7.00 per player registered, which must be paid on application, the fee being entry into NATIONAL COMPETITION, for the CARLING CUP and the ZONE CUPS, plus automatic entry into The PLATE COMPETITION and ZONE CUPS for those teams that are not winners or Runners up in the NATIONAL COMPETITION. Also automatic entry for every registered player into NPT DARTS IKO & PAIRS at the presentation weekend held annually in February where all trophies are presented for that season.
Any Team that wishes to sign on new players can do so anytime up to 48 hours before a match as long as the secretary or captain informs the national darts secretary, plus he must then send off the player’s name signature on the extra signing on forms plus a member of the management of that company proving he works for that company.
ALL PLAYERS MUST BE IN ACCORDANCE TO RULE 13 AND 14 OF THE NATIONAL PASSENGER TRANSPORT DART SECTION.
3. The management of the competition shall be vested in a committee to be convened when necessary, comprising of a PRESIDENT, CHAIRPERSON AND A HONSEC/TREASURER, representatives from member clubs. All of whom shall be elected at the AGM in accordance with the association rules.
4. The Annual general meeting of the competition shall be held in the month of March in accordance with RULES 6 & 15 of the NATIONAL PASSENGER TRANSPORT SPORTS ASSOCIATION.
5. The competition accounts shall be audited annually by one or more auditors appointed at the AGM and the financial year shall start from March
6. The NATIONAL PASSENGER TRANSPORT DART COMPETITION TROPHIES, known as NATIONAL CARLING CUP, NATIONAL ZONE CUPS, THE PLATE, PLATE ZONE TROPHIES, IKO V.BURGESS CUP & THE MARTIN FITZMAURICE RUNNER UP CUP, TUFFREY ROBINSON PAIRS CUP & JOHN ASHLEY MEMORIAL PAIRS RUNNER UP CUP, GUEST PAIRS ZIPPY CUP, PLUS SECRETARY SHIELD AND VOLUNTEER SHIELD and the LOU MAY CUP AND FINALLY MIXED TRIPLES ROB ROBINSON MEMORIAL CUP shall be competed for Annually and remain the property of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE for the time being and shall be signed for on winning, and shall be returned under the terms that they are signed for or the price of replacing the said trophy/cup will be implemented.
7. Providing the funds of the competition permit the winners and runners up of each competition shall be awarded mementoes as agreed by the management committee.
8. The teams entering the competition shall be grouped in ZONES. Each ZONE will play their games in a knockout competition where possible as may be deemed by the management committee.
9. The Draw for the NATIONAL ROUND ROBIN & PLATE COMPETITION will be made by the management committee at the Annual general meeting. Teams shall play in a knockout competition until there is a winner of each zone to go forward to the National final. The runners up do not go onto the plate as they receive a trophy.
THE PLATE IS FOR THE REMAINING LOSERS.
The home team must give THREE ALTERNATIVE DATES to the other team. The venues and date of the finals of each competition, and the Appointment of MARKER AND SCORER shall be the prerogative of the management committee.
10. Each round shall be completed by a fixed date as predetermined by the Management Committee. Results MUST REPEAT MUST be posted within 24 hours of the match being played or a fine of £5.00 will be levied. Team secretaries must also telephone or email THE RESULT TO THE ZONE SECRETARY WITHIN 48 HOURS. Home team sec/captain is responsible for posting both score sheets to the National Dart Secretary.
11. Each team may consist of up to twelve players to play 6 for the pairs, and 6 for the singles with a maximum of 6 teams per undertaking. Players shall play for one team only and shall not sign for any other team. Any number of players may register for a team, up to 12 players can be chosen by the club for their team when playing a match all players must be registered with the hon dart secretary, if not the team will be scratched from ALL COMPETITIONS FOR THE SEASON. The list of players must be submitted and the draw made for the pairs & singles before the match commences.
12. Each team shall provide a scorer and a marker, except in the finals, and the matches must start no later than 1400 hours.
1. Each team fills in their NAMES/TEAM NAME/ DATE and the signatures alongside their names on their own sheet.
2. One member from each team will keep a check of the scores on their opponents score sheet scoring 701 pairs and 501 singles putting the score down only. Plus, the finish and how many darts were taken.
13. Result sheets which shall include the names of players in your team taking part in the match, duly signed by each player shall be forwarded by the home team to the dart secretary as laid down in rule 10. If the dart secretary does not receive result sheets, then that game will become null and void
a. You can sign on as many PCV players as you wish. You may also play with 20% non PCV players, please try to play PCV and non PCV players fairly. Non PCV players must be registered.
14. Rules of play.
1. MATCH BOARD: The board shall be clock treble with the Double Bull pattern set at a height of 5’8” from the floor to the centre of the bull. The board shall be properly illuminated so that all parts can be seen clearly and the light must not throw back on the player. The minimum throwing distance shall be 7’9” from the bull measured horizontally
2. THE THROW: shall consist of 3 darts unless a game is finished in less, darts must be withdrawn by the player. Any dart mistakenly thrown by a player after scoring the required DOUBLE shall not count. A “game shot” called by the checker is valid only if the darts thrown achieve the required finish and remain in the DARTBOARD until retrieved by the thrower at the same time that “game shot” is called. Score board not to be cleared until player removes his/her darts.
3. SCORING: All scoring will be (701 DOUBLES) (501 SINGLES) downwards on a blackboard or darts scorer. A dart shall only score if the point remains in, or touches the face of the board within the outer double wire. Any dart bouncing off or falling out does not count and will not be re-thrown. The score is counted from the side of the segment wire in which the point of the dart enters and remains in or touches the face of the board. Darts shall be retrieved from the board after the score has been called by the checker and recorded by the chalker.
A protest about the score attained or called after the dart or darts have been retrieved shall not be upheld. The checker shall be in charge of the game. And he/she will call the players to the oche. Players are to be warned by the checker if they step over oche and if they continue to do so the checker will call NO SCORE. All scores and remainders should be called by the checker no one else. All requests to check the scores recorded or remainders must be made before the players next throw. The actual score required by a player must be clearly shown on the score board which must be situated in front of the players and checker.
NO INDICATION OF THE DOUBLE REQUIRED SHALL BE GIVEN BY ANY PERSON IN ATTENDANCE (I.E 32 REQUIRED NOT DOUBLE 16) ONLY THE CHECKER.
The checker shall act as umpire in all matters pertaining to the competition rules when in charge of a game and shall, if necessary consult the checker and any management committee member (if present) before announcing any decisions during the course of a match or game.
ANY TEAM WHICH PLAYS A NON REGISTERED PLAYER WILL BE EXPELLED FROM ALL DART COMPETITIONS FOR THAT SEASON AND A FINE IMPOSED.
15. ORDER OF PLAY: Each Captain shall provide a list of his team before commencement of the match. Players names to be handed to the opposing Captain to draw “OUT OF THE HAT” order of play and under no circumstances shall the draw be changed except in an emergency.
16. TEAM COMPETITIONS: The match shall be decided by the best of 9 games. Three games of pairs will be played off first (games of 3 legs 701) Straight start finish on a double, the BULL to count as DOUBLE 25 (50) Using the bust Rule, this will give 3 GAMES PLAYED. After the PAIRS SIX SINGLE games will be played (GAMES OF 3 LEGS 501). Straight start finish on a DOUBLE the BULL to count as DOUBLE 25(50). Using the BUST RULE, one game to be awarded for each winning set in the SINGLES, and one game for each game in the PAIRS. All games must be played in the above order to provide a winner and all 9 games must be played. The away team to play the odd games i.e.1,3,5,7,9. And the home team to play the even games i.e. 2,4,6,8.
17. TEAM FINALS:
(a) Semi-finals must be played on two boards (they must be separated not placed near each other).
(b) Both semi-finals will play off together and go to 9 games.
(c) Losing semi-finalist will then play off for third and 4th place first to reach 5 games is the winner.
(d) Winning semi-finalists then play off, first to 5 games is the winner, the loser becoming runner up.
18. V. BURGESS IKO CUP & TUFFREY ROBINSON PAIRS CUP:
(a) All players must be registered with the National Dart secretary. The competitions will be the same venue for both competitions to produce a winner and a runner up.
(b) Players who only play these competitions due to lack of producing a team for NATIONAL AND PLATE but are in membership with NPTSA must pay £7.00.
(c) Each game will consist of 3 LEGS 501 SINGLES, 701 PAIRS.
(d) The final of both competitions will be (5 LEGS 501 SINGLES) (701 PAIRS).
(e) The NATIONAL FINAL will be played in October and the PLATE FINAL will be played in November Venue to be decided at the A.G.M.
19. BUST RULE: If the number required to win is exceeded in the course of the throw, or the score obtained makes it impossible to finish on a double (when one is left) then the score obtained in that throw does not count, and the required before the throw was taken remains the number still required in the next throw.
20. DISPUTES: When a dispute arises in any match which cannot be settled by the designated competition secretary within 48 hours. The competition secretary by contact with members of the management committee for their views shall be binding on all parties.
21. (a) Any member who causes an affray will be BARRED from all dart competitions until such time as the management committee decides otherwise.
(b) Supporters who cause trouble will be BARRED from attending any dart event and will be reported to the National Executive.
22. There must be 48 hours’ notice given by both teams of cancellation of a game otherwise the team concerned will be liable to half the cost.
23. The management committee shall deal with all matters arising during the season and their interpretation of these rules and their decision shall be FINAL.
24. Expenses incurred by the Chairperson/Hon Secretary/Treasurer shall be paid from competition funds were necessary.
25. IN NO CASE SHALL A CLUB BE ALLOWED TO ENTER ANY COMPETITION UNTIL THE CONDITIONS IN RULES 1 & 2 HAVE BEEN MET PLUS REGISTERING WITH THE NATIONAL PASSENGER SPORTS ASSOCIATION SECRETARY.
N.P.T.S.A. DARTS SECRETARY.
Email: [email protected]